How to make and host a Kaillera server

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to make and host a Kaillera server

Post  BARCODE on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Okay first you need to open your ports. Go to start, Run, type in CMD then click it. Now type the following
"Ipconfig" then press enter.

Now, take note of the top address's last 3 numbers (or 2). Now go to your webbrowser and type in your gateway address, mine was 192.168.0.1 Now you will see something that says Username and password. By default it should be ADMIN for username and ADMIN for password. If not then check your router. I'm not sure if this works for any other routers, but i know for fact it works for linksys. Now once your in, go to Apps and Gaming then Port range forward. Now under application type "server" then start and end port is
"27888 to 27999". Protocol is UDP Ip address is the address that you seen in CMD the top one not the gateway address (Note this is not your ip address that websites and other places like that see). Now the last 3 numbers of the top address that was in CMD ipconfig you type in the blank space. Then click enable and save changes. Internet will go off for 50 - 89 seconds. Restart router afterward to make sure of activation.

Okay, now we get into the actual emulinker. Okay so now go to http://www.god-weapon.com/ and go to "Emulinker v1.0.2
EmulinkerSF v0.72.3" Download both. One will be a .jar file the other will be the actual emulinker. In the emulinker folder go to LIB folder then drag Emulinker.jar from EmulinkerSF into that folder. Now you have decent emulinker version. Now go to CONFIG and create your server. "language" is one that you need to do to edit the log in files. When you log in you see what ever it says in the announcement part. You can edit how the commands are said too but I do not think thats good idea due to forgetting about them. Next go to emulinker.cfg. Make sure these are the following

# NETWORKING CONFIGURATION
# ========================
# This is the main port your server will listen on for new connections
controllers.connect.port=27888
# Buffer size for messages to the connect port.
# Should not need adjustment.
controllers.connect.bufferSize=4096
# This is the first port in the range of port your server will assign to
# individual users. Each user gets a private port while connected. The
# server will use ports between this number and this number + maxUsers + extraPorts.
controllers.v086.portRangeStart=27889
# The number of extra ports to allocate for admin and elevated users to join
# the server even when it's full.
controllers.v086.extraPorts=10
# Buffer size for all private port messages including game data packets.
controllers.v086.bufferSize=2048
# Do not change; for future use only.
controllers.v086.clientTypes.clientType=0.83

If it is not like that then change it to that. Scroll down the file to see
# MASTER LIST CONFIGURATION

there you can edit your name of server and so on. Also you can tweak how the server works by going farther down the file. Now go to access.cfg.

# USER PRIVILEGES
# ===============

user,*ELEVATE, ADMIN, SUPERADMIN*,*IP ADDRESS*,*INTRO*

This will allow you to give some users intros, powers, and such. You set your power as SUPERADMIN and your ip as your gateway ip address, not internet ip address. Now that your server is set up you need get a bot.

EmulinkerX Adminclient v1.0 -http://www.filefront.com/17277676/Adminclient.rar

Now that you have download that, go to www.whatismyip.com and copy your ip address. Go to emulinker folder again and click server.bat. Now go to adminclient and connect your ip address. Now set your bot up how ever you want. Now you are hosting your own kaillera sever.

Your server will go down if your internet goes down so you have to restart server.bat. This will happen often also if it over loads it will crash. If you are really serious into this go to www.ultimategameserver.com or google game server hosting areas or even find a big company and ask them if they could host it for you. This will cost 5 - 15 dollars a month for a normal server that runs well. For extremely powerful servers which would only need to be if yours got very popular and had 300+ people online all the time it will cost about 20 - 30 dollars a month.

Thanks to, Emulinker, Suprafast, Kaillera, Jares and nash.

Last edited by BARCODE on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

BARCODE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to make and host a Kaillera server

Post  Ltmonkey on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:26 pm

cool not really sure why we need this info but yeah cool.
Ltmonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BARCODE on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Ltmonkey wrote:cool not really sure why we need this info but yeah cool.

To create a kaillera server for fun or if any of the popular ones go down anyone can make their own and maybe make it really good by paying for someone to host it. This information is what keeps kaillera alive. I already saved a cookie of it so if this place ever dies it will always be alive.

BARCODE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiChan on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Its good info anyways.
ChibiChan
SuperAdmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:18 am

actually we are hosted by /www.ultimategameserver.com
‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne
SuperAdmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:17 pm

‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne wrote:actually we are hosted by /www.ultimategameserver.com

cool
Ltmonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ißob on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:57 pm

.....pretty legit

:SuperAdmin:
:SuperAdmin:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:19 pm

also to note these instructions are only to make a server that runs off your computer and can only handle about 10 people max.........if using a hosted server like ours the process is much more simple
‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne
SuperAdmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 pm

‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne wrote:also to note these instructions are only to make a server that runs off your computer and can only handle about 10 people max.........if using a hosted server like ours the process is much more simple

lol 10 people
Ltmonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BARCODE on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:29 pm

‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne wrote:also to note these instructions are only to make a server that runs off your computer and can only handle about 10 people max.........if using a hosted server like ours the process is much more simple

Learn to read before posting here again stupid boy. IF you would read the whole thing you would see I talk about places that host 24.7 and can handle up 100s of people at a time.

BARCODE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:58 am

BARCODE wrote:

Learn to read before posting here again stupid boy. IF you would read the whole thing you would see I talk about places that host 24.7 and can handle up 100s of people at a time.

calling a admin stupid that takes balls. or friend ship
Ltmonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:28 am

not to mention he edited his post....... also what he failed to understand is ..... when you make a home server all his instructions are fine..... but when making a hosted one.... this process does not apply
‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne
SuperAdmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 pm

‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne wrote:not to mention he edited his post....... also what he failed to understand is ..... when you make a home server all his instructions are fine..... but when making a hosted one.... this process does not apply

lol every time i edit my post or someone else does we never get away with it lmfao ohhh its funny every time i get caught.
Ltmonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BARCODE on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:29 am

I didn't edit my post to have anything to do with what he said I just fixed a couple of mistakes that could be explained better. IT's retarded to reply saying it only hosts 10 people when I said it only hosts a couple of people.

BARCODE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NçH on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 am

BARCODE wrote:Okay first you need to open your ports. Go to start, Run, type in CMD then click it. Now type the following
"Ipconfig" then press enter.

Now, take note of the top address's last 3 numbers (or 2). Now go to your webbrowser and type in your gateway address, mine was 192.168.0.1 Now you will see something that says Username and password. By default it should be ADMIN for username and ADMIN for password. If not then check your router. I'm not sure if this works for any other routers, but i know for fact it works for linksys. Now once your in, go to Apps and Gaming then Port range forward. Now under application type "server" then start and end port is
"27888 to 27999". Protocol is UDP Ip address is the address that you seen in CMD the top one not the gateway address (Note this is not your ip address that websites and other places like that see). Now the last 3 numbers of the top address that was in CMD ipconfig you type in the blank space. Then click enable and save changes. Internet will go off for 50 - 89 seconds. Restart router afterward to make sure of activation.

Okay, now we get into the actual emulinker. Okay so now go to http://www.god-weapon.com/ and go to "Emulinker v1.0.2
EmulinkerSF v0.72.3" Download both. One will be a .jar file the other will be the actual emulinker. In the emulinker folder go to LIB folder then drag Emulinker.jar from EmulinkerSF into that folder. Now you have decent emulinker version. Now go to CONFIG and create your server. "language" is one that you need to do to edit the log in files. When you log in you see what ever it says in the announcement part. You can edit how the commands are said too but I do not think thats good idea due to forgetting about them. Next go to emulinker.cfg. Make sure these are the following

# NETWORKING CONFIGURATION
# ========================
# This is the main port your server will listen on for new connections
controllers.connect.port=27888
# Buffer size for messages to the connect port.
controllers.connect.bufferSize=4096
# This is the first port in the range of port your server will assign to
# individual users. Each user gets a private port while connected. The
# server will use ports between this number and this number + maxUsers + extraPorts.
controllers.v086.portRangeStart=27889
# The number of extra ports to allocate for admin and elevated users to join
# the server even when it's full.
controllers.v086.extraPorts=10
# Buffer size for all private port messages including game data packets.
controllers.v086.bufferSize=2048
# Do not change; for future use only.
controllers.v086.clientTypes.clientType=0.83

If it is not like that then change it to that. Scroll down the file to see
# MASTER LIST CONFIGURATION

there you can edit your name of server and so on. Also you can tweak how the server works by going farther down the file. Now go to access.cfg.

# USER PRIVILEGES
# ===============

user,*ELEVATE, ADMIN, SUPERADMIN*,*IP ADDRESS*,*INTRO*

This will allow you to give some users intros, powers, and such. You set your power as SUPERADMIN and your ip as your gateway ip address, not internet ip address. Now that your server is set up you need get a bot.

EmulinkerX Adminclient v1.0 -http://www.filefront.com/17277676/Adminclient.rar

Now that you have download that, go to www.whatismyip.com and copy your ip address. Go to emulinker folder again and click server.bat. Now go to adminclient and connect your ip address. Now set your bot up how ever you want. Now you are hosting your own kaillera sever.

Your server will go down if your internet goes down so you have to restart server.bat. This will happen often also if it over loads it will crash. If you are really serious into this go to www.ultimategameserver.com or google game server hosting areas or even find a big company and ask them if they could host it for you. This will cost 5 - 15 dollars a month for a normal server that runs well. For extremely powerful servers which would only need to be if yours got very popular and had 300+ people online all the time it will cost about 20 - 30 dollars a month.

Thanks to, Emulinker, Suprafast, Kaillera, Jares and nash.

LOL nice my name in there. THX but theres alot of things ur missing like the language file (to change what it says when users come in your server). And im not sure that the admin client would work without the .Jar file. Some people wouldnt get how to do this. You are doing it the hard way to. Im not sure if Emulinker V1.0.2 says Superadmin on it but u can add it. But make sure you add the emulinker jar because emulinkerV1.0.2 version sucks but it has a good cfg file config. You could get it from www.emulinker.org. Ussualy your port is 27886 but if its a kalieria server its goin to be 27888. Make sure you make eur server false so it wont be private and people will join

:Admin:

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/Nashcharlie1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ic22 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:58 pm

so wat about us people that dont have a linksys or w/e
Ic22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 pm

if you don't know your password and/or user name for your modem contact you isp and they will give you the info
‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne
SuperAdmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ic22 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:45 pm

o ok cuz i use verizon wireslesss or fios or w/e and they gave us this modum and router built in one thing thats made by verizon its self
Ic22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thrillhouse on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:45 pm

It's called verizon broadband wireless and the name is the phone number the account is attached to @vzw.com and the password is vzw.

Like this
username: 5555555555@vzw.com
password: vzw

I believe the router/modem combo is called verizon wifi.

FIOS is way better, it is high speed fiber optic, like 20mb/s. The highest speed I have gotten in 5 years of wireless is 2.35mb/s and most of the time it's .5-1.5 mb/s.
thrillhouse

View user profile http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/max8455/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top