SFiii3 problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SFiii3 problems

Post  TAK on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 am

Greetings folks,
So I came to the conclusion that I could use my ps2 arcade stick on the computer (it's usb) and so I realized I could get back on MAME, I had a friend walk me thru it last time, but the HDD that it was on quit.

I installed mame from the simple tutorial at the top of the westwonderland page, and I got all the pieces for sfiii I'm just struggling having mame see it...

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

I'm okay at sfiii and MvC, I just used to have a logitech gamepad, and since I come from arcades it's tough with pad, I just couldn't really compete at the level I was happy. Now that I have a stick again I'm stoked, I'm just struggling real hard to get it working

Thanks, TAK

P.S. In third strike I like playing with Q, Oro, Alex, Ryu, and Urien, but I can use everyone

Last edited by TAK on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was real tired when I wrote this, some minor clarification)
TAK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SFiii3 problems

Post  TAK on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:21 pm

I messed around a bit today, still can't get 3rd strike to work.

My stick does work thou, tooled about in Alpha 3 and it only strengthens my resolve to get 3rd strike working

I have mame32k0.64 with the anti3d kaillera, I got 3rd strike from other thread asking about it as well as .chd and what I believe to be the Japanese bios.

anyways can't wait to get back on WWL cause that is where I used to play back when it was all working
TAK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TAK on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:04 am

hey so uuh I got it working

turns out I needed mame++ not mame32 for cps3 support

and I had the chd / bios swapped, I had the bios in the rom, and the chd next to it

Thanks to Cthulu and lp who pointed me in the right direction

can't wait to see you guys in WWL!

MvC
MvS
SFIII
Alpha3
TAK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content